Wednesday, June 16, 2010

It Gets Complicated

"I Am Sitting in a Video Room" by Canzona. (This is what happens when you upload and re-upload a video to youtube a thousand times.) But the best part? It was (explicitly) inspired by Alvin Lucier's 1969 "I Am Sitting In A Room."



Here's the updated text:
I am sitting in a room different from the one you are in now. I am recording the sound of my speaking voice as well as the image of myself, and I am going to upload it to YouTube, rip it from YouTube, and upload it again and again, until the original characteristics of both my voice and my image are destroyed. What you will see and hear, then, are the artifacts inherent in the video codec of both YouTube and the mp4 format I convert it to on my computer. I regard this activity not so much as a demonstration of a digital fact, but more as a way to eliminate all human qualities my speech and image might have.


(via sequenza21)

No comments:

Post a Comment