Sunday, January 3, 2010

Always Wrapped Up In Her Books

Confession: I love fictional novels about real musicians.

Confession Part 2: I have a particular weakness for Clara/Schumann/Brahms novels. The story is such a soap opera - writers love it! - and I've read them all:


Good Things I Wish You by A. Manette Ansay (2009)



Trio and Trio 2 by Boman Desai (2004, 2006)


Longing by J.D. Landis (2005)
By the way: this is my pick! "What a good book," says the english/music major.


Clara: A Novel by Janice Galloway (2004)

I once walked into a secondhand book store and came out with the only new full-priced book in the store because it was a Clara/Schumann/Brahms novel. The owner nicely pointed all that out to me, but Trio is hard to find and this one was signed so what-could-I-do. Anyway, now the bookstore owner and I are friends; I browse the music section, and his pet cat hides behind the stacks and pounces on my feet when I least expect it.

(If you know of any others, you should pass them along.)

No comments:

Post a Comment