Saturday, February 13, 2010

Devil's Dance Floor

I've been trying to find out anything/everything about that punk-fiddle gig from the Opening Ceremonies last night. So far I'm coming up with NOTHING.
Instead, I'm going to post the tweets Google decided would be a reasonable substitute for REAL INFORMATION. Ready, go:

Interrupt my usual book tweets to tweet about the Olympics: have learned from this ceremony that Quebec is a punk-rock fiddling hell
- wordsfrommtl

Pretty nice Olympic opening. Especially the goth-Irish-fiddling-punk-tap dancing awesomeness.
- retak

RT @planetrussell: Canada rocking the unique, punk/funk/folk fiddle-'n-dance sequence at #Vancouver #Olympics. Visuals? Think Mad Max me ...
- GlobalVA

So I've decided I'm never going to be interested in any non-punk rock tap dancing fiddle playing olympics again.
- machiavellia

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Did you got any more information about it?
    I really want to know who are those guys.

    Thanks!

    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'm back. I found something:

    "The main fidler is Ashley MacIsaac, who is originally from Nova Scotia." by Alan Abrahamson.

    "Moments later amid a carpet of red maple leafs, Cape Breton’s Ashley MacIsaac and tap soloist Brock Jellison added some heat into the night as over 200 tap dancers and dancing fiddlers, created an explosive, fiery beat. Keeping the rhythm at a pace were fiddlers Calvin Vollrath, AndrĂ© Brunet, Daniel Lapp, Samantha Robichaud, Sierra Noble, and April Verch." skitrax.com

    Regards from Brazil,

    Ana

    ReplyDelete