Sunday, February 21, 2010

On The Good Ship Lollipop


Where am I going to be January 3 - 15, 2011? Unfortunately not on Symphonic Voyages' maiden trip to the Caribbean.

"A performance festival on the high seas," the ship will feature its very own 60-piece orchestra as well as soloists Cho-Liang Lin, Susan Lorette Dunn, and Larry Rachleff. Concerts nearly every night (nothing too fancy, but plenty of standards: a little bit of Mozart, a little bit of Beethoven, maybe some Stravinsky here and there), time to explore the islands, an opportunity to schmooze with musicians - that sounds like a nice January.

(via insidetheclassics)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Caitlin -- Thanks so much for the mention! I was just looking at Google Analytics (what a marvelous tool!) and it led me to your blog, which I've now bookmarked. I enjoy what I've seen of your other posts -- Rossini's comment on Lohengrin made me LOL, if I may use that abbreviation without coming across as a teenager.

    Anyway, I'd like to point out two things about our enterprise you may not have noticed. The first is that we are deeply committed to creating a sense of community among our musicians and listeners that is all too often absent in the classical music world. I've recently posted a page about this on our site: www.symphonicvoyages.com/community/the-sv-community

    The other is that we have an incentive that might make the occasion more affordable for you: every friend you refer to Symphonic Voyages (who becomes a confirmed passenger) will reduce your cabin fare by $100. So if you convince enough people to join us, you could be sailing for free!

    Thanks again for the publicity, and I'd be more than happy to discuss our enterprise further with you or your readers.

    Best wishes,

    Eric Stassen
    President, Symphonic Voyages
    (800) 970-SAIL
    estassen@symphonicvoyages.com
    www.symphonicvoyages.com

    ReplyDelete